5 Affordable Places in Syracuse that Cater to Natural Hair
Looking for a place to get your hair done can be hard when you are new to a city or if this is your first time being away from home. Looking for a salon can be a pain when you have ethnic hair. From weaves, hair extensions, cuts and ways to care for your natural hair if going to a salon is not an option, these top 5 places in Central New York will cater to your natural hair needs without breaking the bank.
A Perfect 10 has many options for those looking to get their hair done. A Perfect 10 has branded itself as the first hair salon in town that is geared towards natural hair care. Many services are offered at the salon which include braiding, twists, haircuts, shampooing and conditioning.
- Hair Braiding with extensions: $150 and up
- Hair Braiding without extensions: $30
- Hair Cuts: $30 and up
- Shampooing and Conditioning: $40 and up
- A Perfect 10 takes the trouble in looking for natural hair care products by offering them at their salon. All of their products are all natural.
- Don’t Strip Black Castor Moisturizing Shampoo: $10
- Love Me Deeply Conditioner: $15
- Leave in Conditioner: $12
- Watch My Length Growth Oil:Whip up Moisture: $10
- I’ll Protect you: $12
- L.O.C. Method: $30
- Protective Style Bundle: $40
- Ultra Repair Bundle: $40
- Pina Colada Cream: $12
- They accept cash and Visa, American Express cards.
Hours: 9.a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesdays to Fridays, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturdays, closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Weaves and makeup makeovers are some some of the services offered at the Kreme of the Krop salon. Hair cuts and other forms of hair care are also available.
- Weaves: $100
- Weaves that include hair washing and extension tightening: $150
- Makeup: $35
- Wedding Makeup: $75
- Other Hair care services: $20 and up
The salon also offers shampooing and conditioning services. A walk from campus is about a 29-minute walk, and 21-minute bus ride on the Syracuse 40 bus.
Hours: 10 a.m to 5 p.m Mondays to Thursdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m Fridays and Saturdays, closed on Sundays.
This business has been in the Syracuse area for the last 43 years. Collins Barber Shop and Beauty Salon is about a 13 minute walk from campus. It is a great place to go for a busy person who cannot make it to another shop or for those who don’t have a car. The main level has a barbershop that caters to cutting men’s and women’s hair.
- Hair Cuts:$12 and under
On the top level, women can get their hair braided with hair extensions. People with all kinds of hair are welcome to come.
Hours: 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturday, closed on Monday and Tuesday
Want to get your hair done before heading to the mall? The Right Hair of State is the place to go before making that big shopping trip. It is only about a five minute drive from the mall. This family owned business has been around for the last 20 years. The hair services provided include relaxers, weaves and natural hair care.
- Box Braids or twists:$100
- Wet Set:$25 and up
- Haircuts:$30 and up
- Up Do’s:$45 and up
Hours: Wednesday-Saturday 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
Located on North Salina Street in Syracuse, this place is the perfect place for customers to get a haircut while getting a facial. There is also a deal for seniors that is offered on the weekdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. There is another deal for father and sons where clients get a dollar off a haircut.
- Hot Towel Razor Shave:$30
- Facials:$40 and up
- Kids Under 12 Basic Cut:$10
- Kids Under 12 Fade Cut:$10
Hours: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays, closed on Sundays.